Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Snome rahshdehnyeh tebyeh!

Hello one and all,

Wow-it was a great email from mom this week full of news, pictures and updates of everyone. It's always so cool to see everyone and remember the good times we had (it really feels like a loooong time ago, like another life).

Now for the most important announcement: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! (I'm singing happy birthday in Russian in my head just for you: "snome rahshdehnyeh tebyeh"). Sheesh.....how old are you now?? I don't even know....well, I never liked math so we'll round it off generously at 50ish k? (And yes, I know that's being very generous 8) So I hope you all have a great time with the festivities and you get some presents that you will most likely turn around and return to the store before the wrapping paper is cleaned up 8) O yea!

The other day it was "day of the city" (Rostov's birthday -259 years old) and somebody's parents came to pick them up at the end of their mission and they brought a box of See's chocolates and gave them to us in the office-I was sooo excited! I instantly thought of Dad and how he would get a box of See's chocolates for bday or fathers' day or something and after dinner he'd always pull out the box and let us pick one always warning us that we couldn't waste them. (We had a habit of biting into them and then realizing that we didn't like it) but it was always exciting trying to find the chocolate without nuts etc. -I know, I was crazy back then not liking nuts and all. So anywho, I hope you have a great day dad and that you know how much I love and appreciate you and think of you often and all your funny quirks that I miss.

And as far as that goes, happy birthday to mom on Sunday -of course she's nearing 45 now (I know again, very generous). I was talking with my companion yesterday about how we had our favorite movies -would snuggle together and how you could never make it through a movie without falling asleep, haha. She has the same relationship with her mom cause she didn't have sisters either and she said they always watch together too and her mom falls asleep too. So yea, I can't wait to come home and watch our favorites together again and try to keep you awake at least til the middle of the movie 8) I love you both so much and am so grateful for the great examples that you have given me in living the gospel and raising a family.

In less mushy news, the weather has really gotten colder here which I'm hoping won't continue to drop and give us a long cold winter but I guess we'll see. It seems we're hitting a bit of a dry spell when it comes to success and yet I'm still happy -prolly cause we're still trying to be obedient and working despite the results and that's really enough to stay happy while on the mission. We will have zone conference on the 6th and I'm really excited for it. We're already preparing for it in our studies and I feel like it will be the best one of my mission. Then prolly a week after that I will have my visa trip. Apparently right now, there are missionaries from our mission stuck in Stolkhom for 2 weeks because of troubles with visas etc. (How cool would it be to go to the land of my forefathers?! But I don't know ...we'll see where they send us. I would be happy just to go to the temple).

Anywho, next Monday we will have a culture night. It's an Irish Lord of the Dance type of concert (any of you who really know me realize how excited I am and how big this is for me). I can't believe that October is already starting-how?! I just barely said: Wow, it's already september and now next week it's October .....scary, really scary .....

I've really learned a lot about the work and how to work etc. in the summer, finding new techniques etc, but the winter is a WHOLE other ball game! Contacting becomes difficult because no one wants to stop and talk in the cold, it gets dark around 5/6 PM and we have to switch to big apartment buildings when knocking -which is way different than out in the country as far as responses we get- so basically what I'm saying is, I need to adapt and learn new techniques for the work in the winter and I need your prayers and support to try and make this winter just as successful and a learning experience as my summer was and go home with a bang/on a high note. I know all is possible with the Lord -it just depends on our worthiness and ability to receive and recognize revelation for ourselves, companionship, and area.

I love you all so much- have fun with Eric being there, be sure to take pictures 8) In my emails I've noticed emails about transactions etc. in my account but I haven't' done anything lately. Are you guys putting money in there etc? if so, please let me know (I need to get autumn boots prolly- $30). Thanks again for all your prayers and support.

Cepta Richards

(P.S. what did you decide with president Harrison as far as coming out here?)

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Leon Theremin!!!!!!!!
OH My Gosh I forgot how funny that was! In general that was an AMAZING trip-so fun. Man I just keep remembering how red Casey's face got-hahaha and for like ten minutes we were just dying,crying,sheesh he could not even read the fake definitions before losing it; with Gavin's dad getting mad -wanting us to go to bed, hahaha. A way good trip 8)
p.s. It totally could have been a name of a vitamin -come on they do that all the time! Obviously not straight shiz!

Sara and Justin said...

hahahahahahaha!!! Mama Richards, I am SO glad you sent that to whitney! that WAS a great trip :)

Just a thought... said...

I'm always looking for pictures and other little things to brighten Whitney's day. Hope you all don't mind my checking blogs for things to send to her. You have been such great friends I know that she misses you all. Feel free to email me with news of your latest adventures or other exciting events. Pictures are always welcome!

Luv,
Mama Richards
kartx98@yahoo.com

Sara and Justin said...

Oh we don't mind at all. we are so happy you are doing that!! I''ll be sure to email or post some pictures when I get some new ones :) Thanks mama richards!