Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Attack of the tramvi

Hello everyone!

Wow...so some news this week it seems like. Go figure that it's when I leave we finally have a hurricane. Mom's right -I would have loved it! I'm glad to hear that everything is ok and we had minimal damage. The Lord is definitely blessing you all and prolly so you could have the time and energy to focus on those who are worse off and help our fellow brothers and sisters. That's cool that the missionaries stayed over -too bad they couldn't help Vlad out before they were done.

So it sounds like I need to apologize for my little comment last week, haha sheesh ...I didn't think it would get THAT big of a reaction since it was only a few sentences. I'm really sorry and please know that you don't need to call my mission president or email him, etc. Of course everyone who needed to know knows about it and I'm fine -seriously 30 minutes afterwards, we had already forgotten about it and carried on. Just a cool story to share someday. Please don't worry or go crazy with your imaginations, everything is fine. Seriously, us sisters rarely if ever get any serious flack for what we're doing. The poor elders though ...haha, just last Sunday there was another companionship who got beaten up (one had a black eye and they broke his glasses). They're the ones who prolly need the extra prayers 8) Anywho, stop worrying everything is fine and it didn't affect me or anything. Actually it was kinda cool how everything worked out and further testimony to me that the Lord knows where we are and will always bless/help us. So there ya go, and thanks for the words to that hymn mom. I've always loved it especially since being on the mish.

Today is the start of a new transfer and we're sooo excited because we're still together! Hurrah! Of course next transfers should be a big change because we have a new sister coming in and prolly a new area for the sisters since we'll have an extra companionship. We're not having to use the mini-missionaries anymore which I'm sure the office elders are happy about. It was always a headache to find someone especially since school has started now, nearly impossible.

Our English club will start up next week so we're really excited to help people feel more comfortable with our church and find through it as well. Um ...what else, what else ....there will be three elders in the office while they're waiting for a new senior couple to come in and take over the Cameron's jobs so our district will liven up a bit. I'm excited that in a few weeks we will have a culture night. It's an Irish dancing concert type thing like Lord of the dance (as you can imagine I'm very excited about this).

The work is going alright but as it always seems to happen we're trying to not get stuck in a rut or pattern and get comfortable with our efforts etc. So we are having new goals at the start of this transfer to be 100% obedient -every little single rule no matter how dumb we think it is, so that we can be worthy of the blessings the Lord has in store for us. I really feel like we need to prove ourselves and then the Lord will give us more and more opportunities.

That's so cool that you guys can see Eric! I hope you all have a great time and he can get some well deserved R&R. Tell him hi from me or if he reads this ....HI!

It's gotten colder here and soon I may need to buy my autumn boots (the old ones died in the spring due to an over full tramvi -tell ya about it later) so I may need....somewhere from 30-40 in my account for that, or I'll just pay -whatever. So yea...it's funny cause I'm not ready for the winter but at the same time it's funny cause my comp is like o man I hate knocking when it's cold etc, so hard and I'm thinking....it's not cold yet 8) But she is from Canada so I think she'll prolly deal with it better than I did my first winter -oh the joys of winter! Um ...I feel like I'm forgetting something ...hmmm.

Thanks for the email mike. It was great to hear how you all are doing. The kids are so grown-up! So crazy ...hey, when I get back if you want to take a weekend or something I'll be more than happy to stay with the kids and watch them etc 8) It'd be a great opportunity to remind them that they have an aunt on that side. Hope all is going well with you and your different undertakings. I hope all is well with Carrie and the pregnancy 8) I love you all sooo much and am just trying to hold on to the time that I've got left here in Russia. I'm not ready!! But am motivated to improve and do more. I guess the most important thing is that I leave on a high -leave better than when I came out then I'll feel like I accomplished something.

O yea! Sister Malinina sent me a pic of her and her now fiance from America who served in our mission with her. He came and visited her in Siberia and now she's just waiting for a visa to go to America then they can pick a date to get sealed in the San Diego temple -soooo cool!!!!!!! Anywho, I hope I'll meet a bunch of people from Russia. I hear there are a ton in Salt Lake from saints who have come over but at the same time ...we really need the strong members to stay here and straighten Zion out here etc. But I don't blame them for wanting to go where there are more young members their age etc. (Though they have tons of conferences for all the youth in the mission to get together at different locations. From what it sounds like -it's basically just an opportunity to find someone to date etc.)

Anywho, got off topic, I love you all and can't wait to see the pics from Eric's visit and maybe some damage around the house. Get a pic of all the missionaries if possible. I just think it's funny that a bunch of them slept over at my house 8)

Luv,
Cectpa Richards

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Sara, looking forward to the lecture-wouldn't miss it for the world 8)

Hey, if you can be there for my homecoming -you can eat over at our house etc. afterwards if you want (but that's million miles away I know.)

Just a thought... said...

You can even stay for a few days to catch up if you want! 8)

Luv,
Mamma Richards

Sara and Justin said...

Oh, I would love to!!! I am so excited! We will make sure to keep the date open!