Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Senior companion!

Well hello everyone from Rostov!

I love the computers here-faster, even though every word I write has a little red line under it as if I spelled it wrong-grr.

But everything is going great so far here 8) I'm here to either pick up my mini-missionary or to stay here in Rostov for a couple of days with Cectpa Malinina's companion that she's leaving. (Apparently they don’t know if the new sister will be here or not). Always a surprise on the Rostov mission -I really think all missionaries should have a pack of clothes for two days on them at all times, haha just kidding....but seriously.

Well the past few days have been really hard to feel like a missionary because in preparation for transfers it was kinda hard for my comp to focus on the work and she had to do things that took more time than I would have liked. Sigh, but the next transfer-our complete effectiveness and obedience is mainly dependent on me which I think will be a good thing -I'll just leave it as no question. I'm hoping that those I'll be with can understand basic English-always comforting to know that if I absolutely need to we can communicate fast, but we'll see. I have a feeling that I'll prolly be in T-rog for only one more transfer or maybe two. If it's only one than they are basically white-washing the area = sending two new sisters into the area since I'll be with non- missionaries this transfer, so it should be interesting to see what happens.

My birthday was great! For being on a mission I'd say it was up to R22 and F6 standards 8) So it was on a Monday so we went to district meeting at the branch and when we got there a little late and the door was locked I thought it a little strange and when we opened the door the lights were off and the elders were sitting in a semi circle around the door and sang happy birthday and gave me a candy bar that's called: NestlĂ©’s Just for Men but they scratched out men and wrote sisters. It was cute and nice that they remembered. Then later when we came home to eat something the apartment was completely toilet-papered, every room and on my bed were chocolates, a rose, and random stuff and a sign saying happy birthday. I videoed it so don't worry-you'll see it all eventually. Apparently my comp gave them access some how-tricky tricky. The cake was of course great and it was a great day.

The boy we found that got baptized was very emotional when Cectpa G left today-he cried and cried. It makes me worry for next transfer because Cepta Mozley who taught him all the lessons is going home and I might be leaving too-it'll be water works for sure! Of course I’m nervous about finding my way where we need to be but who knows...maybe the Holy Ghost will help me get lost to somewhere where we need to be 8)

I'll just try my hardest and trust in the Lord and the guidance of the Holy Ghost. Seriously it feels like riding a bike without training wheels for the first time-awkward and you can just feel a fall coming, but I know everything will be fine. I think it mostly feels weird (more lonely) just because they're not actual missionaries, haven’t had the same training etc, but it'll be a learning experience that's for sure.

Well I'll be sure to check at the office-I’m sure I have mail there and will take my last picture with Cectpa Malinina 8( It's so crazy...I wrote to President how I want to extend: jokingly (sort of) saying ya know, I can stay till March...or May....or June...you get the idea and he wrote back: June sounds good we'll talk later 8) So I think extending is definitely possible so I'd count on it (as far as getting visa stuff squared away) of course in this country-always good to get a start on this stuff early before another law changes or something 8)

Well I better go, but thank you all for the great phone call-these calls are always so weird for me cause I just want to be relaxed and chat=let the conversation flow naturally but everyone is trying to think of the important things that need to be said cause there is a time limit etc..."noo, shtoe dyelit?" that means, well what to do (phonetically spelled out for ya).

Well I love you all so much and will try extra hard this next transfer to do everything in my power to do what the Lord wants me to do and give all of my imperfect efforts and hope He makes something of them-it's prolly hard work for Him 8)

Love you all,
Cectpa Richards

3 comments:

Just a thought... said...

HAPPY 22nd BIRTHDAY Whitney!!!

...and congratulations on making Senior Companion! I know things may feel a little wobbly at first but do your best and enjoy the ride. Just imagine that you are on a tandem bike and the Lord is in the seat right behind you keeping you steady. We are proud of you and know you will do a great job.

Richmond Stake Day of Service said...

I love the blog! Thanks for keeping us updated. I need to learn what "R22 and F6" are all about!

Just a thought... said...

Hmmmm ...I will leave it to the gang from R22 and F6 to exlpain who they are!