Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Half way point

Hello All!

Well today was a fun P-day. We met the Rostov missionaries in a town between Taganrog and Rostov where there are a bunch of ruins-basically holes in the ground with some stones layed on top of each other (and to think I wanted to be an archaeologist!) But it was fun to see how many of us could fit in one particular hole-pretty deep too. Cectpa Malinina is leaving next Wednesday and today she and her companion came back with us to T-rog to work with us tonight and tomorrow a bit as one last time together 8(

Um, hahaha it's funny cause I'm not sure who said I would be a trainer-if I mentioned anything it was prolly that it could happen but seriously no one knows anything yet-we'll hear on Saturday so you'll hear on Sunday I guess. To be honest I'd prolly welcome and dread the opportunity but we'll see. The work is going ok, we really need to find some solid new investigators though...right now there's just some semi-lukewarm people who have the habit of saying, "Um, call back after the 26th, I'm really busy." Not very promising, but as always I'm trying to keep my efforts concentrated and energized.

The weather is really nice here and lots of flowers are blooming-though it's almost ALWAYS windy which means dirt blowing around everywhere. Mom, the shoes were around 20 dollars (25ish rubles=1$ last time I heard). I just got letters from Sara and Heather today-it's always fun to hear from them and how they are doing. It seems the pouch gets here exactly one month later since they sent it on April 7th.

Steve-happy bday stud! Glad to hear you had a great day-as it should be. I still remember all the great bday fun we had with R22 and F6 -I must say we can throw a mean party. Send a picture of the cake in the face if you can 8)

It's so great to hear about all the different friends and cousins serving on missions-lots of them are going stateside I notice. I heard that because of all of the of the church publicity in the states right now more will be called stateside-cool huh?! Spread the good word one and all!

It's hard to believe that I'll be 22 soon-shrug, age really is meaning less and less to me-just seems like another day, and on the mission it will be except of course we'll have American cake 8)

Well I think I will still be here in Taganrog-I'll be really surprised if I move from here and I don't want to 8) The only other places that I'll most likely serve in will be the two areas in Rostov and Volgograd. Of course you never know it's always possible to return to Krasnodar or something which would be really interesting to see the difference time makes.

Speaking of time.....I can NOT believe how FAST it is going. I can't even explain how crazy it is that half of my mission is over especially when only now am I starting to feel really effective and fully functioning. It seemed that I was in culture shock/ survival mode-just trying to get through each day; and that it flew past. Now I'm trying to dig in my heals and slow it all down cause I feel like I haven't done anything yet. Time can't start counting yet but as always-it always counts whether we are using it or not. I DEF want to stay and leave in March rather than January-there's no choice about that one, I will!

Well I better go, thanks for your love and support as always and don't be offended if I'm really lethargic on the phone-I never was a morning person 8)

Love,
Cectpa Richards

2 comments:

Just a thought... said...

We get to call Whitney for Mother's Day tonight (Saturday the 10th)at 10:30 pm. The crazy thing is that it will be 6:30 am on Mother's Day for her. If anyone wants to post any comments or questions that you would like me to pass on to her be sure to post them a.s.a.p.!!! I will check the blog at about 10 pm central time tonight before we call her. I have already received emails from Heather and Amanda so anyone else ...here is your big chance!

Just a thought... said...

Whitney is doing sooo great and her Russian is amazing. I couldn't believe how fast she was talking and laughing. It was so awesome! We were able to conference in her brother Mike and his wife Jessica in OK, and her brother Eric in Iraq.

It was funny hearing her reaction to Eric's description of "camel spiders". They are HUGE and FAST! She was really freaking out! For those who don't know ...Whitney has arachnaphobia big time! It was pretty funny!

Since they are short one sister missionary lucky Whit will be having some local branch members pairing up with her for the next 6 weeks on mini-missions. Hopefully some new sisters will get to go to Russia soon. In the meantime she will hopefully motivate some Russians to serve missions.

Whitney enjoys the food and is eating all kinds of exotic things ...even vegetables. Go figure! She will be writing again on Wednesday so I will post her letter then. She said to tell everyone hello and congratulationsto those graduating, getting married and starting new jobs. Way to go!