Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Na ostanoevkee-eh


Hello one and all!

Seriously where did the last week go?! I honestly had to sit for a second and wonder if I had already written about my birthday and what happened-was sooo long ago already!

Well you are prolly wondering about my companion. Her name is Cectpa "Razoomnaya" and she is from Rostov. On Wednesday we took an electreechka up to Rostov to drop off Cectpa G who is now serving in Krasnodar (my good ol' birth place) and there I got to say goodbye to Cectpa Malinina one last time 8(

As it turned out the new sister coming in was delayed in Germany for a few days so I worked with Cectpa Hesteranka (from Ukraine) for a few days in Rostov center. It was interesting experience and definitely made me happy for the slightly slower pace here in T-rog but at the same time people were still out on the streets etc. in the evening and about after 8 it's a ghost town here, so I guess there's perks on both sides.

I met up with Cectpa R. on Friday and we took a marshootka back here after she got set apart. We'll be together for about 2 weeks-til the end of May and then I will be with someone else. It has been good so far together. It's definitely made me grow in every way. I've had to really learn the city now and how to read our map and crazy marshootka/bus/tramvi map but now I feel confident in those abilities. I've had to even more so be an example in general-in the little things that I don't consider as especially missionary-like, but am reminded that she is more than just greenie, but in general doesn't know what to do-hasn't been in the MTC etc. so it's really teaching me patience and I've been trying to lead by example and encourage and compliment her for her efforts. She has a real desire for the work but it's cute cause sometimes she just doesn't know how to channel it but I feel like I will learn a lot from her energy and desire to be bold.

On the other hand I feel like I'll be really tired after this transfer cause just when I start to feel at home with someone and get in a groove with someone I'll be with someone else and have to re-tackle and relearn how to work with someone else cause really you can't teach different people in the same way....well, at least through example is always universal.

Mom and Grandparents and Eric, thank you so much for your birthday gifts/constant financial support and love. It's just further testimony to me that the Lord blesses us through one another which is just a further blessing because we learn in the process and continue to grow. Also thank you all for your well wishes etc. on my birthday and in general- I can't wait to get your letters etc and hear what is new with you.

Mom, I just realized that I didn't get an email from you listing what you got me and then I looked back and went further and saw the hiding P.S. (so sneaky) thanks so much they sound great. I'll prolly go to a second hand here sometime and find a new skirt or something-my grey one has a hole around where the zipper is and it's hard to zip it up which makes me very sad cause it's my favorite skirt but what can you do? It definitely won't last my mission that's for sure.

Anywho, I've had many humorous experiences so far in being the experienced one. For example, we were on a marshootka and I said: "on the stop" (na ostanoevkee-eh) and the driver said, what? I didn't hear and I repeated myself and then he said I didn't understand and then all the girls in the marshootka (maybe 5) all yelled "ON THE STOP!" at exactly the same time and I started to laugh and they did too. See? Lots of help all around 8) Today I asked a lady where a certain store was cause I forgot and right at that moment I found the store but the woman started talking to us because she heard my accent and she was an English teacher and gave us her address and told us to come over some time. Lots of little blessings that just make me so grateful for the Lord's help and support-It's amazing how much closer I feel to Him now that I'm in a leading role. Prolly because I'm praying every other minute in my head for help or guidance. I'm grateful for this opportunity and know it will help me become that much more of a tool in the Lord's hands.

I love you all and hope all is well with you! (ahem Steve, Eric, Mike)

Cectpa Richards

2 comments:

Russtafarian said...

Hey question...

I've sent Sis. Richards a few letters via dearelder.com, but it doesn't appear that she's received them (or at least, her schedule is uber tight on P-day...totally understandable). I'm just checking to see if she's getting them at all; if not, I'll have to break some kneecaps at dearelder.com.

Just a thought... said...

Hey I just noticed your comment and will send it on to our favorite missionary. I will ask her to let us know whether or not she has received your letters. Thanks for writing and hopefully you won't need to break any knee caps this week!