Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Back in T-town

Hey Everyone,

All is well here in T-rog. Last night was our opening English night and it went really well. We introduced ourselves and then had three really funny skits-the funniest being two Elders acting as the head and Elders behind them as their arms feeding them breakfast etc. It doesn't really have anything to do with English other than they were speaking English but everyone was laughing and having a great time which=they'll come back which= possible future investigators which = 8)

Things are going pretty good with my companion. Right now her mom is apparently having heart problems though it's hard to say exactly with what even if the doctors say because well....it's Russia. So she has been thinking of home a lot so I'm trying to stay positive and help us get lost in the work. Um...she isn't very big on contacting but the AP's came and asked to do splits with us; two of us on each side of the street to show how to do contacting etc. My comp wasn't very happy at first but afterwards she seemed to have warmed a little to contacting-she just doesn't have a lot of self confidence, sometimes is too apologetic etc, so it's really good motivation for me to be confident and bold cause now I know how it looks...and I don't like it, haha. We're improving though 8)

Our apartment is fine (mom asked) though our water pressure is pretty much non-existent...like a spit shower, but it works so that's nice-man it will be really weird whenever I have a mounted shower head again, haha.

Dad, sorry to hear that you are just getting one thing after another-what is going on here?? I still remember when I came into ya'lls room one morning when I had broken my arm and showed you I had lil red dots and mom said: oh, she has chicken pox and dad said: just don't tell her. Hahahaha so...I wont' tell you you have chicken pox, though it would be really funny if you did.

That's really interesting about the satellite-was it just too old etc? or it had malfunctions etc...I don't know how long a life there are on those things 8)
um....my packages looked fine-not tampered with etc, thanks very much! It actually looks like Cectpa Malinina will come here for a couple of weeks (getting passed along the different companionships due to odd numbers) so I can give her the presents then.

As for my bday package....um...maybe new mascara-always good to have a supply....batteries.....peanut butter? hahaha...it's funny the things you miss. Maybe a new journal-real pretty/unique one (leather if possible?) I'm sure by some point I will need a new one by the way I'm writing 8)

I was way excited to hear about Robbie's mission call-so I'm guessing that's English speaking since it wasn't mentioned? cool.

Mom if you could send this to your Dutch relatives: Thanks so much for the nice card! It's so much fun to get mail from all around the world 8) I'm enjoying the work here. Sure, sometimes it is hard but I try to keep a positive attitude. Thanks for your support and well-wishes!
Cectpa Richards

Well I love you all and better go-still need to write President. Oh yea, Mike/Jess and Company-I would love an update, would also love one from Eric though, I understand he is super busy saving the world and all and without his computer hooked up etc, but send me a postcard or something 8)

I love you tons, o yea! Thanks Grandpa Adams and Richards for your continual emails etc. they always brighten my day with family news.

(And Grandpa A ...where have you been?? Those movies have been out for awhile and they are amazing! Enjoy 8) Think of me especially in the second one-it takes place in Russia a lot, just north of my mission in Moscow, though they do a terrible translating job 8)

Love,
Cectpa Richards

No comments: