Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The final count down 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 Next stop ...Houston!

I have to do this fast cause today we only bought 30 minutes to write home cause we have a lot to do.

I can't believe this is the last time I'll write from Russia. (We won't write again before we leave). I'm taking a train Monday night and will get into Rostov Tuesday morning and then that day do whatever and will be in the mission home that night and fly out Wed morning. I was doing pretty good on keeping focused and not feeling trunky but it was way hard to read all the different emails from president telling me about my schedule etc. and then reading about who I'll be seeing in the next few days -yikes! I'm trying to fight it but it's hard. It's ok though cause we have a meeting with a GOLDEN girl that we contacted on the street and we'll go for the baptism date and that will get me back on track for sure.

I can't even express how thankful I am to my Heavenly Father for the many blessings he has poured out upon me on my last transfer here. It has been so crazy. We have 6 or so progressing investigators (coming to church/reading etc.) and 2 baptismal dates, but we'll try to make it 4 before I leave here. I guess it's how it always goes huh? The Lord tests you and if you endure it well he showers the blessings down on you. I don't know if I could say I endured perfectly but despite hardships/lack of success -we kept working and trying and now I can say it was ALL worth it = every heart-breaking, hard minute of it. I mean....even when it was so hard I knew it was worth it because I could feel the Lord refining me and making me stronger, but now my heart is just so full of appreciation for what He is doing for us and for the work here. Right now it's prolly the most success that the sisters have ever had here in Volgograd. Everyone talked about how it is such a hard city, etc. (YEA RIGHT!) Nothing is hard if the Lord is on your side and helping.

I love my mission so much and it's just hard to imagine leaving ...I'm trying not to think about it too much because I don't want to start crying ...that's what my night train ride is for-to get it all out of my system so I can be happy when I see you guys. For all those who are preparing for or thinking of serving on a mission I have two words of advice: DO IT! You will NEVER regret it -this I promise. I didn't exactly have the easiest mission and yet I loved every minute of it -it's worth it -I promise! We need all the help we can get in proclaiming this gospel.

I love my savior and appreciate all the help He gave me these past 18 months and the desire He has given me to continue to study and deepen my knowledge of this perfect plan that God has prepared for us. I love you all and just ignore any depressed moods I may be in when I'm home it's not cause I'm sad to be home just cause I'm sad to not be in Russia anymore and hearing this great language and trying to help her people, and feeling the love and support of the Lord everyday. I love you all! and promise I'll try to work my hardest these last few days -we're even giving up language study to get extra time to work.

Luv,
Cectpa Richards

2 comments:

Just a thought... said...

It's hard to believe that my assignment here is almost complete. Whitney will leave Rostov, Russia a week from today (Jan. 14th) and will head back home to Texas. We can't wait to see her, give her big hugs and hear all about her missionary experiences and finally ...see some pictures!

I appreciate your patience as I tried to fill in for such an amazing missionary. It has been an honor for me. I will miss all of you and I wish you the best. I hope to hear from you all from time to time. And remember, if you are ever in Texas be sure to stop by for a visit.

Whitney will be speaking in Sacrament meeting on January 25th so if you are in the area be sure to come.

Love,
Mama Richards

Sara and Justin said...

You have done an AWESOME job keeping us updated. I am so grateful for you for doing that! Thanks again, Mama Richards. See you guys in a few short weeks! :)