Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Better late than never

Hello everyone!

FINALLY I CAN WRITE YOU! The Internet cafe didn't have any power on earlier so we basically got no down time to rest today cause we were finding things to do while we waited for it to open up. It's weird that the tiny town of Tagonrog has two or three Internet places and the huge city of Rostov has one -go figure, but I'm not bitter.

So.... we should have already had transfers but President couldn't decide things and now we are having transfers when the elders are so that means on Monday. Today three sisters left for home -crazy!!! Sister King is with us tonight and leaves tomorrow morning with a mini-missionary and Friday we find out officially about transfers. I'm pretty sure that I'll be going to Volgograd to be with sister Fourtina but I guess we'll see ...things can always change last minute in this mission as I well know.

THANK YOU for all your prayers!!!!! Nastia got baptized last Sunday and even her Dad came out to see it and even asked what time church would be on Sunday! Seeds were definitely sown-let's just hope they're fast growing seeds 8) She talked about how she felt like she was flying after the baptism and that it was so great! We went and visited her this past week at her house while her kids had their naps and the spirit in that home was so different! She had some church music softly playing and talked about how she had been reading the book of Mormon more than before etc. We were so happy and not only for her but for those kids too.

We also found a woman (32) who lives really close to us who the missionaries had found 8 years ago and taught and she had fallen through the cracks during transfers or something and was saying to her husband a few months ago -it's really sad that the missionaries don't come around anymore and BAM, two months later we knocked on her door. We've taught her twice -she's keeping her commitments and talking about how it's different when she reads the Book of Mormon now -more interesting to her etc. and we found out through conversation that she loves Ireland as much as I do! She started showing me different stuff she had and I showed her my ring and necklace from grandma etc. and she took out this Irish soccer scarf and said, "I want to give this to you." I of course politely declined but then she said that she had another one .....well if you insist! I was so excited we took a picture 8) She's great and I'm sad that I'll prolly be leaving cause I know she'll go far.

On a sadder note ......my winter boots that had served me so well for almost all of my mission ...suddenly succumbed. I kept ignoring it -it just couldn't be true, they were ok ....but no. I'll take pictures of the huge hole etc. I prolly would have held off and just duct -taped it til the end but members saw it and started freaking out about the cold and what if there will be snow and all the remont people (repairs) said it was not fixable and if I'm going to Volgograd ....well .....they just wouldn't cut it. So ....I took out another 45 bucks and got new winter boots. 6 WEEKS BEFORE the END!!!!! ARGH! It's really hard to throw them away -I really grew attached ....sigh, o well ....I'll show you all pictures later I guess. They were so warm 8) but my new boots are cute and I would actually use them after the mish up in Utah so that's good right?

Anywho ...I can't believe Andrea is already home!!!! So weird!!! I can't really explain which emotions I'm feeling about the whole going home soon thing, so. ...I'll just not talk about it. I'm kinda sad that me and my comp didn't get to the comfortable level that my previous comps were at -don't' get me wrong, we love each other -have lots of fun together just ....the good rhythm together didn't really come -we have way different styles but it's ok. We still worked and loved each other and I'm grateful for what I learned with her, but am excited to be on to new things as well. I've kinda felt like I haven't been progressing as much as I had the transfers previously which ...is prolly more my fault than hers but a new place and new situations always seem to give the added energy and perspective to keep going.

I love you all so much and ...o my gosh CONGRATULATIONS AMANDA!!!!!!! If I had a car I'd be honking it like crazy for you in the middle of traffic on a Saturday (everyone/most get married on Saturday here and decorate their cars and drive through traffic honking -that's love I guess). I can't wait to help you out with plans/arrangements etc! YES! I will abe able to see one friend get married!!!!!!!!! Phew....thought I'd have to just rely on past comps' weddings.

Thanks for the great pics and news from home. Well anyways, I'm writing this late and we prolly gotta get going. I can't say it enough -I love you all and am so grateful for your love and support and praise -don't know if I'm worthy of it but I know it there is anything commendable it's thanks to all of you 8) Use the wonderful Christmas season to share your testimonies of the savior with your friends or even invite them to different Christmas programs/activities so they can feel the special spirit there. Brighten someone else's day with secret Santa service etc!

Luv,
Cectpa Rrichards

No comments: