Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

HAPPY TURKEY DAY ONE AND ALL!!!!!!!!!

It's sooooo crazy to think where I was a year ago- in Krasnodar feeling homesick not understanding anything that people said to me...and now look at me! In Rostov, not wanting to go home and understanding what people say to me 8) time is an amazing thing and seems to fix everything. So today is our turkey day even though tomorrow is the actual. I made the grandma Helen's pumpkin pie and, due to our over hot oven, burnt it a lil but it's ok- we're gonna put whipped cream on top so no one will see the picked-off burnt parts (hahaha, I'm such a screw up, but that's ok, luckily hungry elders aren't very hard to please). We're all getting together-the north and south zone in Rostov along with President and Sister Harrison at the branch building at one o'clock for the big meal. Everyone is bringing something so we should have a good feast on our hands. I'll be sure to take pictures.

The elders are playing football at 11:00 am and I want to go but we still have to make our desserts and the sisters from Taganrog are coming and using our kitchen to cook their veggies so it looks like we might just miss it. that's ok i guess....i don't' remember how to run 8) Note to self: work out once I get home.

This past week was great-we taught a lot of lessons and Nastia passed her baptismal interview!!! So we meet with her wed, sat, and Sunday is the baptism 8) 8) 8) I'm assuming I'll get transferred which will be on the 4th so it's a great way to leave the area.

Things are going good with my comp...it's just interesting cause we haven't managed to really find the rhythm that we've had with previous companions- not that there's a lot of contention etc. or anything just ....i dunno, our styles of doing things are way different but we're trying and we realize that we can't teach as much as we want if we can't find a way to teach together with unity. It's been an interesting experience since up until now, I've NEVER had a problem with comps/having good rhythm together/being united. I guess it was too good to be true-need to have something to work on.

What else what else....I know that in a few weeks we will have P-day on Dec 8th not on the 10th (shrug-email from president said so). I got the death letter....it's not fair....I'm supposed to get it at the beginning of next transfer but I guess we can get it 60 days before our departure date so it's official Jan 14 I fly out early (they said they would send you guys all the info when it's closer) and on the 13th I have exit interview, dinner, and testimony meeting at President's. It makes my stomach sick thinking about it so I won't 8)

I got your package/envelope with the Christmas folder with all the letters and pictures-thank you everyone!!!!!! It was so great to read all about what you're doing and feel your love and support. I am really blessed with great family and friends and know that all my successes in life can be contributed to the great support system I've had. I've learned from all of your great examples 8)and thanks for the shirt!!!! I love it! I wear it to bed every night and every time the theme song goes through my head it makes me happy 8) "When the evil shredder attacks, these ninja turtles don't cut em' no slack!"

That's exciting that Eric is back in the states-it means more letters right?! 8) Good work at See's, I have to say we were so excited when I saw the See's chocolate box in my package. We almost died and my comp was WAY happy. One time an Elder's parents came to Russia and they brought a box of See's and gave it to all in the office and there were missionaries who didn't even know what it was-how sad! But I'll never forget how dad would get a box for a special occasion and after dinner he'd pull it out and say: "Pick one, and you have to eat what you pick!" (I have since repented of not liking nuts you'll be happy to know dad!)

Since it is Thanksgiving I want to give thanks to my Heavenly Father for all of my many blessings- half of which I prolly don't' even realize He has given me. I'm grateful for my savior and his sacrifice, that he performed for me and every other spiritual brother and sister and for the plan that allows us to choose and learn through our experiences and perfect ourselves. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be in this great land and share the restored gospel and simple gospel truths that we take for granted but that the people have been spiritually starving for. I am so grateful for all the sacrifices that have been made the past 2-3,000 years that has brought forth the fullness of the gospel in the book of Mormon and how this book strengthens my relationship with the savior and helps me receive personal revelation from my Heavenly Father in how to deal with life's challenges and become more like Him. I am SO grateful for the knowledge that we have a prophet of God in our day that leads this church under the direction of Jesus Christ Himself and receives revelation and as long as we follow His council to a "t" everything will be alright and we will be protected and blessed and can be assured that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father in the highest degree of the celestial kingdom with our families forever.

I love you all and I hope that you take time to remember all the blessings in your individual lives-even the minute details that we most often over look, and remember what a blessing the restored gospel is and share it with all those you love so that they can be grateful for it too. It's always worth opening your mouth and sharing the gospel-ALWAYS. Sharing the gospel and someone saying "no" is not failure, not opening your mouth is failure. I love you all. Have a great holiday season and stay safe 8)

Luv,
Cectpa Richards

1 comment:

Richmond Stake Day of Service said...

My favorite part of the letter...."When the evil shredder attacks, these ninja turtles don't cut em' no slack!"