Thursday, October 9, 2008

Missing in Action

As you have probably guessed ...we didn't receive an email letter from Whitney this week. That's in spite of my checking several times through out the past 24 plus hours! You know the saying about watching and waiting for water to boil ...doesn't happen! That probably means that she has been a). extra busy, b). transferred to a new area or C). sent on a visa run ...which means she could be in Estonia, Prague, Madrid or even Stockholm! The joys of being a missionary in Russia!!!

Since you are checking in and there's not much to read right now (after all you are a captive audience!) let me send out a special request to all of you who read Whitney's blog. I am sending her last Christmas package tomorrow -Friday Oct 10th- and would love to be able to include some extra love from home in the form of letters and pictures from her family and friends. As soon as you finish reading this hurry and write an email letter for Whitney, add pics if you have them and send them to me at kartx98@yahoo.com I will print them out and include them in a special Christmas envelope that will go into her package. Thank you so much for helping me out with this little project. I know she will love hearing from all of you.

Whitney's older brother Eric left home yesterday to head back to Iraq. He was home on leave for a couple of weeks and it was great seeing him and spending time together. We are looking forward to having him back in the states about the time Whitney finishes up her mission. His big news was finding out that he has been promoted to Sergeant! We are so proud of him. If any of you are looking for a special service project for Christmas this year check out the comment I left last week concerning "Operation: Christmas in Iraq". I am hoping to get Christmas cards/letters to send to all of the soldiers in the military intelligence unit where my son works. If you would like to help out just email them to me at the same address. I want the troops to know that we still appreciate their sacrifice and haven't forgotten about them. I won't be sending those off until the end of November so you have some extra time to work on this. Thanks!

We hope that you are all doing well. Good luck with the up coming weddings, babies, school/finals, etc. etc. You are all so great and we wish you the very best. Keep in touch and let us know how you are all doing.

Love and hugs,
Mama Richards

5 comments:

Richmond Stake Day of Service said...

i just read about the package. by chance is there still time to get in on the Christmas package?

Just a thought... said...

You bet! I decided to send a separate bundle with everyone's letters. So Amanda, Kasey, Kyle, Cannon, Gavin, Carrie, Heather, etc. you still have time to write to Whitney!!!

Russtafarian said...

I just read about it as well...is there still time?

Just a thought... said...

You betcha Rustafarian ...if you hurry!!!!

Just a thought... said...

Thanks for all of the letters and pictures that have arrived so far. I am still wondering if I should wait for: Heather, Cannon, Alan, Gavin, Amanda's promised letter and threads (thanks for the pics they were great!), Kasey and any one else that would like to jump on in there and wish Cepta Richards a very, merry Christmas just email them to me at kartx98@yahoo.com. I am hoping to send the packet on Monday ...Tuesday???? If you need a little more time let me know and I'll wait a bit longer. Thanks! Y'all are amazing!