Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Once again ...I've been transferred

Hello one and all!

Well I am writing from Rostov-meaning I got a transfer to.....Rostov (central branch!) So yea I'm pretty excited/nervous-like every transfer when you have to recreate the feeling of "home" but it's all good. I will be with sister Fourtina (sp?). She is from Canada and speaks English/French and this is her second transfer on the mission total so yet another great experience to grow in responsibility and dependence on the Lord. It sounds like the branch here in center is pretty crazy and always changing-one week having a bunch of people and the next barely anyone. It'll be interesting to see the difference between quiet little Taganrog and the bustling main city of the mission.

My companion is really nice, funny, and willing and we'll learn the area together so it'll be fun! It'll be interesting to be with a non-Russian for the first time on the mish. In this area I've been lucky but now I realize I will have to really boost my own efforts with the language which I'm more than willing to do. It sounds like we have a baptismal date here and some investigators that need help progressing so we'll see what we can do.

Also FYI: Next Monday is our P-day since our Zone Conference will be on Wednesday-just so ya know! So get me all that great mail before Monday please 8) Also, being so near to everything here I will get your mail/packages etc. a lot faster. So for those of you who thought...eh, not worth it-takes too long ...you are out of excuses! Thanks for all the mail- I got the dear elder from Russ, and the great pictures from Mom, thanks they're great! And the guy that Amanda is dating that knows me- I think I know who it is- tell her good job- he IS cute 8)

Well it's funny but I'm way nervous-am always so nervous when you have a new place with all new people, comp, and you're the older one but I'm trying to not let that get in the way of my fun, happy self. I love you all and am so grateful to be here right now. It's really stretching me and I'm happy to grow even with the growing pains. I hear that the Sisters in Rostov (us along with Sisters King & Taylor-who were in the MTC with me) will put on some special fireside about Joseph Smith and the first vision soon. I don't know if it will be for people off the streets/members/or both but I'm excited for it!

Again I love you all, keep me updated on your latest news and know that I'm soooo grateful for all of your prayers and support. They are always needed in a missionary's life!

Luv,
Cectpa Richards

3 comments:

amanda said...

She's right, he is really cute. and I have a second date with him tonight!

Just a thought... said...

Whoo hoo! You'll have to give us a full report in the morning! (Not really but ...a picture or two might be nice!) I'm still wondering if he's the same one I thought he was. Did he know Miss Moran??? Hope you have a fun date!

Just a thought... said...

We just heard about the tornado in Council Bluffs today. Hope that all is well with your family and friends back home.

Love,
Mom Richards