Wednesday, April 2, 2008

500 rubles for tennis shoes

Hello everyone,

Wow, thanks for all the great letters and news! By the time I got finished with learning what's new with everyone I only have 15 minutes to type something up for you (how I like it 8) Well my companion and I are learning how to be better missionaries one step at a time more and more each day. The work is going ok now-the second half of last week was a little slow but we seem to be picking up again. My goal today is to try and talk with people on the way everywhere-it's too easy to get in the mind set of P-day equals: we're not missionaries. Which of course is not true, so we'll see if we can't keep more focused today.

Today I bought some new running shoes so tomorrow will be exciting-maybe not the day after tomorrow though (ouch!) but I'm excited to start taking better care of myself. We went to a baptism in Rostov on Sunday-it was the boy that we knocked into and taught a first before we handed him over to the Elders-he's a great kid and we're happy for him.

What else....hmmm...interesting news- Cectpa Malinina only has one more transfer (this one) left in her mission and President sent her to Volgograd to be with Cectpa King for two weeks and then we don't' know where she'll be or who she'll be with-interesting since She told President she wants to be with me and in a place she's never been in before-I guess we'll see....though I'm really enjoying working with my companion Cectpa "Gracheeshneekova" or as I like to call her for obvious reasons: Cectpa G.

Um....what else....Mom's ten questions: oh sheesh, I don't remember them hold on...sigh, I have to go and open up her letter again-so hard! (just kiddin...)

1. Are you the senior companion now? Is that what they call it with sisters?
(We don't really know or care who the senior comp is but technically I'd say she is- been out longer and understands the language.)
2. Have you had anymore culture days?
(No more culture days-not yet.)
3. What things can you go to or see in your new city?
(Mmmm...there's a castle type place somewhere near here, and there's some really old stairs somewhere...I know, riveting, and the sea.)
4. When does your visa expire again?
(We'll prolly be going back to Estonia for 1 day in a few weeks.)
5. How long are they good for ...before they have to be renewed and you're off to Estonia again?
(The visa expires every 3 months-but there was a problem and this last time it only lasted two months.)
6. Did you give Sister Melanina the Christmas presents I sent? Did she like them/think they were wierd?
(I did and she liked them-tho let's be honest, we didn't break out the sewing kits!)
7. Have you been healthy, happy, cheerful, brave?!?
(Yes, yes, yes, and trying to be 8)
8. Are you eating any different foods in your new area?
(Um...there's this sweet -really, it's sweet- roll thing with eggs and onions in the center that we've been frequenting for quick lunches.)
9. Who does most of the cooking? You or your companion?
(My comp-I know, I know, I need to learn, but I help (but ya know I want the borsch to be good!)
10. What does your companion look like and how old is she?
(She is the same age as me-she is one of the first converts in Novasabeersk. She has blond hair, brown eyes, slightly on the bigger side.)

Thanks for all your letters and pictures-tho for some reason this computer isn't cooperating as far as the pictures go, but hopefully I will be able to see them one of these times. Sorry for the short non-informative email, but I still gotta write to the President.

Love you all!
Cectpa Richards

2 comments:

Sara and Justin said...

five hundred rubbles? That sounds like fred flinstone money!! I am planning on writing sister richards a letter soon. oh how i miss her!

Just a thought... said...

The funny thing is that she wanted me to put money back into her account to cover the cost of the tennis shoes as a birthday present. Sure I'll just put 500 rubles back into her account! I'll have to ask her how that converts into dollars.

Sara ...I just mailed your wedding gift yesterday. Enjoy!!!