Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"Vote, eta ya"

Hey everyone!!

Yes, yes, I am finally back in Russia 8) We all traveled back together (ten of us) and it was a lot funner than the trip out there. Yes, haha I had two packages waiting for me at the office and also the sweet package from all my friends at BYU!!! And also a VERY nice package from Diane and her family with some nice mint chocolates and a scarf (mom you'll have to pass along my thanks, it was sooo sweet and it's a nice scarf 8) Also I got some mail from Heather and some people from Holland....or...somewhere like that?? It was way nice. I also got a letter from an investigator back in Krasnodar-the one who was soo nice and gave me a Russian doll. Anywho everything was great with her and she invited me to her baptism that should have already happened by now which I was so excited for but then I heard that it might not have gone through...not sure what happened. It's sad though cause she was sooo amazing, so strong, so much faith (was already a very active Baptist).
Anywho, also I got my camera back-oorraaah! Though I should be getting lots of pictures from my companions in Tallin and Cectpa King who is in V-grod now.

So anyway, we were only in the mission office for a couple of hours an then we (being Cectpa. Miller and Goodfellow, me, Cectpa "Gracheeshneekofa") had to catch a marshootka to Taganrog. Yes, that means that the threesome we would have been in with me, Cectpa Burnett and Cectpa G. won't be since Cectpa Burnett got transferred to Rostov so it's just the two of us now. At first I was a little nervous I won't lie just because I had heard she had trouble really getting into the work, plus she doesn't speak English really but it has actually been real good. We've only been together for a couple of days but I can already tell a difference in my Russian, I'm automatically speaking Russian all the time (practically 100%) because well...there's no other choice, haha and it has helped so I'm excited to be serving with her. Her name is: Bepa ("vyera" -means faith) "Gracheeshneekova" with the emphasis on the first "ee". She is from the Novasobeersk mission and has a cool story-her mom was the first member in their branch and she was the first youth that grew up in the church in their branch-was prolly 10ish so it was them and the missionaries for awhile, haha. She is really sweet and funny. She doesn't have the most confidence in the world and is prolly too apologetic when we knock/talk to people but I think through time she will learn how to be confident and show a smile even when she doesn't feel confident.

I definitely need to lead more than I ever have before but she follows without a problem so far, so it has really been helping me to grow and take more control of situations which feels good. (don't worry mom, I'll send your lil christmas packages to Cectpa Malinina next zone conference 8)

So on the way back to Tagonrog all the elders were helping with my many packages and I had my duffle bag which was throwing off my weight/balance and I slipped and fell....of course I think I fell in the most muddy place possible and got mud all over my coat, skirt, bruised my knee a little etc. The elders looked back and quickly came to the rescue and of course i couldn't wipe off till we got home because...well...this is Russia, you have to A.) pay to go into a bathroom and they don't have paper towels/ tp etc. It was pretty comical though and I learned the word for dirt and dirty from it so that was good.

Lately while we've been knocking I've noticed we've been able to talk to people more rather than just getting the door slammed on us which has been interesting. Today a woman almost let us in, man she was sooo close I could feel it-something was holding her back from saying no but then a door before her's finally opened and she finally said no-darn! so close...would have been my first lesson in the door on my own.

Anywho, Taganrog's weather has been pretty snowy lately-last night it snowed pretty good and today there is prolly eh, 6 inches of snow on the ground. We had an activity with the branch where we ice skated in a lil rink that was right by the sea which was actually frozen for a good ways and people were skating there for free-too bad we didn't have our own skates etc. And no, I did not fall 8)

President Harrison is excited to hear how they do the work in Estonia and get ideas on how we can improve here so I'm happy to help. Well I still need to write the President so I better go. O yea! Steve tell me your cheesy joke you told in your talk 8)

Thanks for all your love and support-you're so great! Keep me updated on things!

Luv,
Cectpa Richards

1 comment:

Richmond Stake Day of Service said...

Sounds like another great letter! Thank you for posting it...Joy