Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tehray (spelled phonetically in Estonian)

Hey family!

Well my first week here in Estonia has brought a lot of good. The companionship I am in is amazing and they are such good examples to me. We do a lot more street contacting which I had not done a lot of before with my trainer etc, and am really trying to use every minute.

I am trying to think of mom’s questions....our apartment is really nice, they even have a real washer and I have my own bed...it will be hard to go back, haha. Um, the ride over in the train had four bunk beds in a lil compartment, two on each side-thus the crampedness. The food here is def more Americanized...Europeanized....esp. since I have two American companions so we aren’t exactly eating borsht a whole ton. Um...it got a lil colder here and started snowing the past few days but really it just doesn’t seem that bad to me...don’t know...I haven’t hurt yet from the cold like I would in Russia. It is definitely more Europeanized than Russia and is WAY clean-it is kinda crazy to get used to. Did I already write about our falk experience? If not let me know and I will tell you, haha. I am duffle bagging it right now-def not traveling with all my stuff. I am mostly over my cold thing-didn’t effect my ears (woohoo!)

Today was our culture day. We went to Rokvere castle-def check it out on google or something. It was really cool and we got some pictures but all of them are on others cameras- mine is still in the mission office I think...pretty sure it is. But yea, it was really exciting for me tho they had added cheesy type things to it-not exactly in its pure ruined state. They had a scary lil ride thing to walk through and in one room there was cheesy torture chamber type things, but still cool, though it was all in Russian-didn’t really understand the cool history stuff. Hmmm what else...

I am honestly really grateful for this experience to be here and see how other missions work. In the future every three months I should have to come here but it should only be for a couple days at most, and in response to dads inquiry-I am already hoping and planning on extending so no worries-it seems our president is open to sisters extending (he asked if my trainer would extend).
Anywho...its funny cause we actually heard about Heath Ledger today, because some of the missionaries already emailed and heard from their families. It is so sad what happens to all of the young rich celebrities-what a waste, and I remember he was doing a movie-wonder if he finished it or not.

We also heard from someone that America is having an economical crisis? Something about inflation or small businesses or something? Hopefully it won’t be too bad...also we randomly heard that Mitt Romney had the most votes or something for the Republican Party candidate? Anywho...Life is good here and I’m glad to be serving the Lord wherever it happens to be for the week.

Eric, I am so excited that you are sort of coming over to my part of the world-come on over the water is fine 8) I am sure you are way excited and nervous but know you will do great and hope that you will keep in touch better once you get over here-I’ll be really interested to hear how the work is going-however much you can tell me about it that is.

Steve, so the movie almost made you throw up?? Why, was it really gross???? or crazy dizzying chase scenes or something?

Mike Jess and kids, hope all is going well with you guys and that you are enjoying good ol Oklahoma. Send me some pics of the kids! I am sure they already are bigger from the last pictures I got from Christmas 8)

Well I love you all and am so grateful for this amazing opportunity that I have been given to work with amazing missionaries and see a new part of the world all while serving the Lord. O by the way, tell our neighbors that I say `preevet´ (phonetic of course)

Cectpa Richards

For my lil bloggers:

CONGRATS to KYLE and BECCA!!!!!!!! I was SOOOO happy and excited to hear the great news!!!!!!!! You just make me all happy and warm inside 8) Also, of course congrats to my Sara and Justin-woohoo!!!!! Man...you are just droppin like flies, look at ya! It is only a matter of time before I hear about Chels and Amanda...tho to be perfectly honest I secretly hope not 8)
Well I luv ya all, can you believe I’m in Estonia?! ...and I saw a cool castle?! Anywho.....keep on keepin´on

3 comments:

Alan said...

Chelsea and Amanda are getting married?

amanda said...

That's not funny alan...oh I bet you were confused, chelsea and I can't marry each other, we are girls.

Mama Richards, what is your email again? I have something that I think you might enjoy reading that includes things for Whitney. I am going to try and send them to her this week, but I know you would get a kick out of it too.

Just a thought... said...

Amanda you can find me at kartx98@yahoo.com I am just finishing up Whit's letter so if you can get me the info tonight I will include it in her letter.