Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I've been transferred

Hey everyone!

Yea, that's right I'm in Rostov right now. I got a transfer to Tagonrog (no idea how to spell that) and I'll be in a companionship with two other sisters. One is a girl who was in the older group just before ours. The other is a native who's been out since summer. It should be interesting since they said that she's had a bit of a problem functioning as a missionary but had been companions with Sister Taylor-one of my roommates in the MTC and as straight an arrow as you can get- I think she helped her a lot so hopefully it won't be soo hard getting her back on track.

Though the native sister Grachishneekoff (phonetically of course) won't be coming for two weeks so it will be me and Sister Burnett. I'm excited though, I think it will really push me with the language etc. I loved my trainer but I'm excited for this change and the opportunity to really step it up.

Also, I got mom's package today with the skorper and pepparkakor (which everyone in the office loved) thanks so much! I was so excited and hopefully the others will make it through too-nothin' like a Christmas tree for valentines! 8) Thanks so much mom for all the gifts waiting for me, sigh, I feel loved. Thank you all for your help and support-seriously it means so much and I'm so glad to have all your prayers. On the slightly down side I have a cold. Nothing too major just a sore throat and sinuses acting up-woohoo, but o well shall work through it of course and reap the blessings for it-I've been promised health in multiple blessings so I have the faith nothing of real significance will happen, the Lord is preserving me.

So we got in last night by train-we rode third class which wasn't exactly ideal but it was cool-never ridden on a train before and some members of the branch and our old comps saw us off at the platform and ran along the train waving and holding a sign saying: We're happy now! hahaha, it was pretty funny.

Haha, it's funny about your reactions to the movies we watched-yea I know...I thought it was pretty weird too. We've only seen Hoodwinked and the Bourne movie-though if you have a t.v. etc and it's approved you can see one movie every P-day if you want. Every once in awhile it will be fun but I dunno...I don't' think I wanna make a habit of it-easier to just be fully in the work, hard to put your foot back and forth here and home. Eh, they were good though.

I was excited to hear about how everyone's doing and hope you had great holidays. Well I better go-I love you all!

Cectpa Richards

p.s. of course I'm not mad at Heather-I know it takes an eternity for stuff to make its way to us out here plus I can understand being busy etc with her new hubby-heck I was never good at writing Mike or Eric, just ask them 8)

o yea, I forgot to mention we saw the nutcracker and it was soooo cool! The music, dancing, gorgeous/ornate theatre, it was amazing! Hopefully I can get a few more in before leaving.

luv ya
Cectpa Richards

No comments: