Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Frozen Old Guy

Merry Christmas!!!

I hope today finds everything great with you and yours. I won't write much because we don't have a lot of time today plus half of you will be calling me in 8 hours anyway. Today is our p-day since, of course, it's Christmas. So I won't get your emails til next week if you haven't already written. I'm sad that I didn't get to "see" and "open" the present mom said she would email pictures of but hopefully they'll just tell me tonight when they call.

I haven't gotten any of the packages but that's because no one has come down this way from Rostov. Though President Harrison should prolly be coming soon to change up the branch presidency here so hopefully he'll bring anything that's there. In a couple of hours we'll meet up with the elders in our area and eat somewhere...maybe Subway...not sure, watch a movie, and exchange secret Santa gifts, and we might possibly play football-I mean soccer just so we can have a reason to wear jeans sigh...aww...jeans...it's been so long 8)

Our branch had a Christmas party and it was really great- many investigators and less-actives came out for it and I of course sang in the branch choir-which was the bulk of the festivities. The choir consisted of more missionaries than branch members, haha-I think the director was happy to have a full choir and people that could read music 8)

It was a really fun night, and after the choir sang, and the lil primary kids acted out the manger scene, they brought out "ded ma-rose" their Santa clause and each of the kids had to come up and recite some kind of verse/poetry/talent/something and then he gave them a brightly colored cardboard gift box with candy and lil' toys in it. it was really fun and interesting to see their traditions and the richness that is in their culture- such an emphasis on poetry! The room where we had it was well decorated with streamers and a tree. It was lots of fun 8)

Grandpa Adams, I think I forgot to mention in my last letter, thank you soooo much for your consistent financial support and help-I know it's a great blessing for our family. I'm so lucky to be surrounded by loving and supportive family and friends.

You will all have to email me pictures of you wherever this Christmas finds you! (that goes for R22 and F6 too) just email them to mom and she can forward them on to me 8)

I love you all and can't believe it's Christmas-really feels weird but I'm so grateful to be here and know that eventually being home for Christmas will be all the more sweet if I give my all here and now. I now I already said it but I love you all and more importantly I know the Lord loves you all- give him a present on his birthday, consecrate something more to Him whether it's omitting something you're doing now or recommitting to do something better. Again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Luv
Cectpa Richards

1 comment:

Just a thought... said...

We had a great phone call with Whitney this morning. It was about 11 am our time and 9 pm her time. We were able to hook all of us together with a three way call that was crystal clear. We only lost her once during the call but were able to quickly hook back up again.

It sounds like she is doing great and enjoying her mission. She told us that the Russians call Santa: "ded ma-rose". When she asked what it meant her companion said: "Old frozen guy"! It was pretty funny!

It sounds like one of the girls from our ward flew back to Houston with Sara! What a small world this is. Karen's family is in our ward and she is one of the girls that Whitney went through early morning seminary with. Sara be sure to call us. We would love to have you and Justin over for dinner! We taped Whitney's phone call so you can listen to it if you come over.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!