Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Start the count down

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all of your letters and support this week. 8) This week has been really positive and uneventful as well. Though I suppose it did snow a little bit which surprised everyone. I think it's good though, so I won't be shocked if when I get to Russia it's cold. The TRC went well this week-we taught a native Russian that we had gotten before, but this time was a lot better because we knew how to say: We'll talk about that later, but first...

The temple has been great this morning, and I'm excited for our fireside tonight. We are all looking forward to general conference, to able to spiritually charge up and receive some strength before heading out, plus having a little break-since no class on Saturday. 8)

I think this upcoming Friday we get flight plans, which is in no relation to whether we have visas or not, so I think either this Friday or next Monday I can go to the travel office and ask them our situation with our visas because they don't know until a week before we leave-then Salt Lake tells them, so we'll see. Hopefully they redid our visas when they redid the older missionary’s visas so we won't have to wait. 8)

On a far more important note: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MOM and DAD! and I thought it was hard keeping track of dates out in the real world, it's next to impossible in here-I honestly don't know how we're into October already. With all of the Russian crammed into my head certain important little facts of information have been squeezed out, and then when I realized my forgetfulness, I wasn't able to do anything cause we can only write letters today, and only email for thirty minutes on today, so I’m sorry. BUT you can expect a little something from me will be in the mail and on its way by the end of the day. I only wish I were in Russia so I could send something cool-o well, plenty of time for that later.

O yea, and mom I was wondering if you could send me some of those threading/flossing things from the dentist, and if you have made the order with sister missionary mall yet...just because time is running down. I'm glad to hear the TV is fixed-you'll have to enjoy some of my favorites for me. 8)

Steve, good luck with BOA! As Westman always said: Do you want to win BOA or be remembered? (you're supposed to say be remembered) and leave it all out on the field. you'll do great and I can't wait to hear about some of your competition and how everyone else did.

Eric, how ya doin? As your commanding sister I order you to write me an email-a couple lines will suffice! 8)

We have started SYL (speak your language) a couple days ago and it's 100% Russian from here on out-at least every word that we say (and not type) it's hard and you don't realize some of the habits you have when things just pop out especially "like" and "ok" though apparently they say ok sometimes too so I guess that's not so bad. It's good though and it really pushes us to use what we know and we're always glued to a Russian dictionary looking up what we're trying to say. Hard but good. I'm excited for what lies ahead and will keep you informed of my future travel plans. 8)

It's dragged by so fast here. 8) I know this gospel is the true restored gospel of Jesus Christ through his prophet Joseph Smith and that through the Book of Mormon we can learn all that we need to know in order to return to our Heavenly Father. It is able to answer all questions that we may have in this life. I'm grateful for the priesthood-the blessing it's been in my life, and for temples and that through the sacred work there I'm able to be sealed to my family for time and all eternity. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

O yea, and Mike-don't worry, no drama is good drama, and thanks for sharing that thought on service. It's so true, and through study I’ve really begun to feel the importance of service-people may not want to listen to the gospel, but we can still teach and share with them through our actions. Give the kids a hug, tickle, and a kiss from me!

Love you all,
Cectpa Richards

No comments: