Tuesday, September 25, 2007

It won't be long now

Hello everyone, hope you are all having a great week so far.

This week has been a good one; it gets harder and harder to believe that I only have three weeks left. No word on visas-they don't tell us anything until we leave or not....but I'll stop by the travel office to see if they have any idea on the situation.

Well, we weren't spoken to by Pres Hinckley, but we listened to Elder Ballard of the twelve-not bad huh? It was really good and stressing how important it is to make sure people understand what we really are in the church, our beliefs, etc because for some reason it can be hard to ignore all the rumors etc. He stressed teaching simply and clearly and making sure that they are coming along with you in their understanding. It was really good and we had a spiritual district meeting afterwards.

Well this Saturday we start SYL and it's Russian from here on out-scary to think, it's so draining to try and say everything in Russian but I know it helps us learn faster or realize what we need to learn 8)

I'm not sure why you haven't gotten my letter with pictures-my friends in Provo received it, so it's not a weight issue and I know your address...keep me posted on that.

I go back today in an hour to have them look at my ears etc and get my last shot. My hearing is pretty much back to normal and the doctor will give me some medicine to take with me so that's good.

The temple was amazing as usual. We were able to help one of our roommates get some names done that she has so that was special. I haven't seen Jason around but maybe one of these days, who knows. I'm excited for conference and it's hard to believe that this Sunday is our last fast Sunday here-wow!

Thanks for all of your support and love- oh yea, and mom my debit card works so don't worry 8)

I'm not that worried about glasses, too much work, it'll be fine. Thanks for Heather's address-tell her to call Sara cause I sent Sara a letter for heather since I didn't know her new address.

I love you all and hope that all is well! Eric gets email capabilities doesn't he? maybe not...if he does-write me!

Love, Cectpa Richards

4 comments:

Just a thought... said...

Whitney's letter and pictures arrived today! Perfect timing and so cute too! Come on Eric don't be a deadbeat big brother ...write to your sister!

Just a thought... said...

Whitney asked me to let Russ know that she didn't get the food or drink but her roommate had the thought of styrofoam - doesn't feel cold etc. and keeps out heat. Said, "We gave the cup with candy to an elder in our district on his b-day and it is now lovingly referred to as the B-day cup." Hopefully this makes sense to someone out there!

Unknown said...

It makes perfect sense (I also have the screen name, "Russtafarian"). Hmmm...we'll see what we can do. I still have contacts in Provo--maybe we can make something happen...

Just a thought... said...

Good luck with your quest Russell/Russtafarian! Course time is short and the clock is ticking. Visa willing ...she will be on her way after the 15th.

Thank you Amanda and Sara for your sweet note. I just got it and just in time for my Birthday too. What are the odds of that! It made my day!!!