Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Next stop ...Russia!

Hey everyone,

So this is a little frustrating-the email speed is terrible today and it already ate ten of my minutes just waiting for it to open. Also, the speed is so bad I don't know if I'll have time to wait and open your emails I've received which makes me really mad, but what can you do? I figured I'd better hurry and write this cause who knows how long it will take to send out to you.

Thank you all for your letters-I got letters from mom, dad, Eric, and Steve which really made my day-they were great letters. I'm really excited for you Eric-and jealous, you get to see grand nationals 8( haha, you'll love it I know. Um...why Jafar? a nickname I'm guessing? I guess that's not a bad one for the army. Um, I'm gonna try to type in Russian: эрик would be your name in Russian-sorry it was taking too long to find the right keys for our last name but it's pretty cool.

Well we're pretty sure that we are going tomorrow-we know they have our visas and invitation letters etc. I will prolly be able to call sometime today if we get our flight plans so I can tell you more detail about that.

I'm really excited for this trip and am really glad that I've had this extra week in the MTC- it was great. We heard from Gerald R. Lund, and Sheri Dew and hopefully someone just as great tonight since it's a genral authority night.

Today will be a busy day of washing, packing, and getting things in order as well as going to get my new lenses put into my glasses. The doctor said my eye looks fine and I will prolly wear my glasses for most of the time and save my contacts for special occasions. I love you all and am sorry this is so scattered and not as good as normal but I don't know how many minutes I have left and I want to try and read your emails.

I love you all and will prolly be calling you later today! Thanks for all the support and hopefully the next email will be from Russia!!

Luv
Cectpa Richards

1 comment:

Just a thought... said...

We just got a call from Whitney and she is definitely leaving tomorrow for Rostov, Russia! She is soooo excited and can't wait to go!

She reports to the MTC travel office on Wednesday morning at 10 am, she leaves the Salt Lake airport at 1:25 pm, arrives in Denver at 2:25 pm, leaves Denver at 5:25 pm, arrives in Frankfurt at 11 am (Thursday), leaves Frankfurt at 12:10 pm and arrives (finally!) in Rostov Thursday evening at 5:25 pm.

Whewww! What a trip. I feel a serious case of jet lag coming on just from typing her itinerary!

She will get to call us from different points along the way. It will be interesting to see if her phone card can make international calls??? The bad thing is that everytime she makes a call even if it's 1 - 5 minutes they automatically deduct 30 minutes from her phone card! What's with that???