Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I'm still here

Hello everyone!

Andrea-I’ll write you first cause time is brief I know. I'm so excited that she got the letter! hopefully she could understand what I was saying-haha spelling/writing in Russian is a bit harder for me than just speaking it 8) Keep me updated-I can def keep sending letters the more fluent I get! It sounds like you're doing amazing-can't wait to join in the work.

Well, for all those who don't know-our visas weren't here in time. So they told us that they were pretty confident they could get our visas in time for us to leave by the 24th of October-so an extra week and a half at the MTC. It's just four of us in our room (3 elders and me) We find out tomorrow if they have the required things to get our visas or not so we'll see. I had a dream that we met with our branch president who told us that we were leaving in 24 hours and to be ready-let's hope it was a revelation 8) I called mom and dad to let them know and it was pretty funny-I said hello in Russian and mom said: what, who? I laughed and said it's me, she said: oh, it sounded weird, I said: yea, it's because it was in Russian, haha "oh, that's why". It was pretty comical and it was good to talk to them for the 5 minutes that we had.

So yesterday I said goodbye to my first companion as she and the rest of our district left. I won't lie it was hard and I received a "solo" sister sticker on my badge which means that while I’m in class I’m the only sister with three other elders and I have to be with at least two other elders in my district at all times or with my roommates at all times. It's definitely an adjustment and it's surprising the difference having one other sister in the room with you makes-and you realize that difference when she's gone. We're trying to keep our spirits high though and have faith that our visas will come through. On the bright side we get to hear a few more devotionals and we're due for an apostle I think, and we get to go to the temple more often throughout the week-not just on Tuesday (because our teachers aren't here for their normal full times since this should be the week they get to have a break,) so we have a lot of MDT and study on our own most of the day. I'm excited for the extra sessions in the temple to soak it up even more before we leave-which I'm determined we will do 8)

In some exciting news: in our "departure devotional" they announced that starting on Nov 1st there will be a new mission opening up: New Delhi, India. It was very exciting and further proof that we will be able to preach and go into every nation, the stone is rolling forth and it's only a matter of time before we're everywhere!

I hope all is well with you at home. I'm not sure if I'll get to call you or just write you when I find out about if we have visas and our new tentative flight plans. Keep us Rostov missionaries in your prayers and that the city that we're having troubles getting an invitation letter from will finally approve of our papers and give us the invitation letter that we need to get our visas.
Luckily, I won't be a solo sister forever. There's a girl in a different zone who was going to Moscow but they spelled something wrong on her visa so she is like us-waiting til the 24th to go to Moscow so I think her comp leaves tomorrow for Moscow and she'll move in our room with us and we'll be companions for the rest of the time which I’m thankful for-it's really different teaching/planning with an elder-bit of an awkwardness there as you can imagine.

I'm excited for what lies ahead and know that I will make it to Russia because that's where the Lord wants and needs me to be. I'm excited for Steve's upcoming band schedule and know that he'll do great and am way excited for dad and mom to get the grand nationals experience in Indy-I loved it, nothing else quite like it!
Thanks for all your support and love-keep using dearelder this last week, even if I leave before I get it, because they will mail it on through the pouch to where ever I am. mail will def. be needed this week, it helps when there's things to look forward to throughout the day of studying 8)

Mike, Jess, and kids-hope everything is going well with you, what's new?? are in your own house yet? I'm sure the kids are loving the extra time with family.
I love you all and hope I will soon be writing to you from Russia 8)

Have a great day and keep the letters coming!
Luv Cectpa Richards

p.s. o yea! And if you don't have the new movie: Joseph Smith: prophet of the restoration (the newest that the church has made), I strongly encourage you to get it-its sooo good! I've seen it at least 3 or 4 times after Sunday devotional and every time it just charges me up and I feel ready to go and share our unique message! (the soundtrack is gorgeous too 8) also the mountain of the lord is excellent-they're my two favorites 8) Anywho, just some good movies to have in the home etc.

love you!

1 comment:

Just a thought... said...

We got a call from the BYU health dept. early this morning to let us know that our missionary had an eye infection and had to get checked out by an eye doctor. After collecting our medical info she was on her way.

The good news is that it turned out to be a minor inconvenience -nothing serious. Whitney will have to go for a recheck next week before she can leave for Russia and if all is well ...visa willing, she will be on her way.