Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Exciting Times

August 28, 2007

Hello Everyone!

It's been great to hear from everyone and the exciting changes and developments in everyone's lives. I was sooo excited to get a letter from Heather and Sara! I'll be sure to write each of them separately. 8)

Well it's hard to believe that I've been here for a month on Saturday. I've been greatly blessed with a great comp and a WONDERFUL district. We are really united and everyone is open and teachable with everyone which really improves our development. We are trying to have some fun too of course with the occasional fits of the giggles that always seem to come around 1-2 o'clock in the afternoon....Russian kind of does that to your brain after prolonged periods of time. 8)

The temple was of course beautiful and peaceful today. I can't believe that two of my friends are married now! It's fun to think that they are going to the temple just like me even though we can't see each other. I sooo wish I could have gone to Heather's wedding-especially since Grandpa was the one to do it, but I'm sure he'll write to me and tell me how it went and the feelings he had while visiting with them.

Steve, way to start school...i know it's a nice change of pace but also a load of stress-try to enjoy it and keep a positive attitude-you'd be surprised how much that makes all of your assignments and projects doable.

I'm of course excited/sad for the football season to start-i so wish i could be there decked out in blue and getting hoarse, but I'm sure my boys will deliver once again-be sure to keep me updated (which I know Dad will). And that's so great about Gavin doing so well! Wow France...

Mike and fam, how are you all doing?? Thanks sooo much for the letters and news from your area of the world. O yea! Quick question for you guys since you are in the area, do you know an Annie Highland? (I'm not 100% sure on the last name) who lives in Bartlesville? I'm wondering because an elder in our district-his mom got a letter from another mom who's daughter is serving in Russia (not anywhere near me) and apparently there was a kidnapping-nothing serious, but when they were tracting some guy grabbed them as they were turning to go and locked them in a room. They weren't harmed in anyway and got out fine-not sure how, but still it's def making me happy I'm going to Rostov and not that mission, but anywho-I was wondering if you or mom and dad knew a family in Bartlesville by something like that name...not sure if it's Highland. Anywho, Pres. Hinckley sent a member of the 70 to talk to her and make sure she was alright which she is and is continuing to work. I know the Lord looked out for her just as he'll look out for all of us so I'm not worried- so don't you worry ok mom? I know it's your nature and all, but try to fight it! 8) Anywho, exciting times!

Eric, how's it going? Are you finished and studying the random dialects yet - or not quite? Let me know how they treat you, and also where you will be going next!

Grandpa Adams, thanks so much for your support and charity in helping me serve my mission-it means so much! I'm constantly overwhelmed by everyone's generosity and how the Lord helps his missionaries who are trying to serve him. I love you and if you ask me your days sound great-not humdrum...I could use a lil humdrum with this language, but alas it always seems to keep me on my toes, brain firing on all cylinders.

Dad, that's great that you're racking up the frequent flyer miles...I don't suppose South West goes to Russia do they-you could use them. 8) How is the racquetball going-still making young men cry? Be sure to keep me up-to-date with the football and bball seasons, and let me know when you get a calling! I could see something like teaching the elder's quorum or something...

Mom, how are things? I think it's great that you guys are spending time with the Schearers and having fun with them-they're great! how big is their lil Heber now?
I was wondering...prolly not gonna happen, but i was wondering if you could maybe send me some sweater vests-like the one I got at the missionary mall that was white and I think a size small....but just different colors-I'm basically trying to get more color in my wardrobe and sweater vests that you can mix and match with things really add variety to a small wardrobe. either you could look around in Houston-which I understand if you can't find any, or maybe try to send money to sara/amanda my roommies and they could look around here? I don't know...just a thought, if not it's OK-I'm sure the Russians won't care. 8)

Well the older missionaries are leaving in a couple weeks then we will be the old ones and new missionaries will come in-hard to believe. O yea! I have seen Greg Hyatt multiple times and he seems to be doing well, and I also have seen Kirsten who works here and am excited to here that Jason will be working here soon, so it will be fun to see familiar faces. I've also seen Elders Hancock and Beck multiple times and they both seem to be adjusting well.

Well I can't think of anything else at the moment and my time is almost up but I want you all to know how much I love you and appreciate your support and prayers-they really do make a difference that I can feel in my life every day. The language is coming and is a good source of humility for me, and really helps me to rely on the Lord. In two weeks we will be teaching the first lesson in Russian so we'll see how that goes. 8) Prolly not as long as when we speak in English-we won't have a hard time simplifying the gospel then. 8)

I know that Jesus is our savior and has suffered for our sins so that we may return and live with our Heavenly Father out of love and obedience-things that I'm striving to develop well here in the MTC. I know that through the gospel we can have so much happiness-far more than anything else we can do in this life and God wants us to be happy and return to him-the commandments and rules aren't an annoyance but a blessing to help us avoid things that will make us sad or not be able to return to Him. I love you all and encourage you to study Preach my Gospel as well as read from the Book of Mormon everyday and when you do, read with a purpose-have a question or concept you're trying to understand better and you'll get SO much more out of it-you'll not only feel the spirit but increase your knowledge which is why we're here.

I love you all!
Keep the letters and love coming 8)

Cectpa Richards

1 comment:

Just a thought... said...

Sorry Whit ...it's too late. I'm already FREAKING out!!! Any former Russian missionaries out there that can send some reasurances my way???