Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Engrush

Another week has come and gone. That's really nice of you mom, to send my roommates that movie. Now for Dad's questions:

I get a half an hour for emails reading and sending-a lil red clock is ticking down on my screen as we speak so keep that in mind!

I check my emails after my session at the temple on my p-day which is Tuesday and it's generally around 9:45-10:00 so that's when to expect my emails; and this will remain throughout my stay here at the MTC

DearElder is working great-we get those letters later in the day after dinner and any hand written letters are received in the afternoon after lunch-ish.

Let's see....in my district it's me, Elder Brimley, Hatch, and Elder Barrowes and two of my roommates (not my comp.) who are in another district are going to Russia as well (we're the three girls)

I haven't heard anything about my visa yet-none of us have, but there are announcements during meals etc for certain elders/sisters to go to front desk-maybe this is why, so hopefully I'll hear my name soon.

I haven't really spent any money in the MTC. Our lil meal cards take care of meals as well as we receive $8 dollars every week for random things like using it in the bookstore or vending machines. I'm going today to get some supplies from the bookstore and will look at a lil dress shop that they have to see if I can add some color to my wardrobe, but I received a lot of cash on the day I entered the MTC (thank you all) so I haven't had to use my debit card at all.

Thank you all for writing-I can't stress enough how much receiving a letter or package (esp. packages) brightens our days here and gives us bragging rights! 8)

Thanks for your letter Steve-and yes I did understand it, don't you love the timing of it all? Story of my life. 8) I'm excited for your band season-give it your all and it will be worth it, you know that, and it's the same with life and the gospel. I love the temple because it brings everything into beautiful and simple focus and things that seemed hard suddenly don't.

The language is coming and me and my comp are striving to use all of the Russian we know within our English so we've got a Spanglish thing going on only it's .....Engrush or something....anywho, the MTC is amazing and yes we did hear about Pres. Faust's death- we wondered how the rest of the church would hear and when, if it was enough to make the news. We were able to watch his broadcast-but I'm assuming you've received my letter talking about it so I'll move on.

Have you been receiving my letters? I hope so because of this email I don't really write letters to you unless there's a specific purpose.

I'll be sure to send home all of the letters I've received. Oh yea! and if you're sending that package to my friends, please write them and tell them that I would love to hear from them as well as maybe receive some pictures from the weddings or something to let me know how it went etc. since I couldn't be there.

O yea! There's an elder in my district-Elder Doorman who has noticed my singing voice (we sing a lot here, at the beginning and end of every class, devotional etc, and he was a MDT (music, dance,and theatre) major so he wants to do a special number for sacrament meeting which should be nice since I haven't been able to really sing a proper duet with a guy (erm, elder) before, so I'll let you know what we decide to do. My comp keeps telling me to try out to do a musical number for the big devotionals/fireside, so we'll see.

I love you all and love you and your support. Keep me in touch with what's going on in the family and try to share the gospel-as simply as stating what you believe to those around you, they'll feel your sincerity and it will impress them if nothing else.

I would write in Russian, but I don't know the characters on this keyboard so i'll do it phonetically:

Ya lueblue vas E ya znie-oo shtow boge sheev E shtow own luebeet vas. Yeslee mwee slue-shaem proprokee, boge boodee-et blagaslaveet hac.

I love you and I know that God lives and I know that He loves you. If we listen to the prophets God will bless us.

Luv,

Whit

3 comments:

Just a thought... said...

If any of Whitney's faithful readers would like to leave comments on her missionary blog I would be happy to forward them on to her. so ...comment away!

Russtafarian said...

Did Whitney receive the Jamba Juice package? Getting it sent was a bit complicated, so I want to make sure that no mailroom employee snatched it :)

Russ

Just a thought... said...

I'm not sure about the jamba juice package but I'll be sure to mention it to her.