Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm melting ...

Hello everyone!
Sorry for the lateness in my writing but the Internet cafe crashed earlier -only had time to read but not write and now with less than an hour to be home and starting our comp study I'm here writing this to you. See how much I love ya! It is soooo hot here!!! I'm melting -the humidity etc. and we're always outside contacting or knocking.

Well this week started off great. We contacted two girls on the street who we invited on the spot to come look at the church and explain about it and they said yea (crazy huh?). So that was way cool and we taught one of the better lessons on the mission and all because we asked a lot of questions, really involving them and they seemed to really like it. So we'll see what happens 8) Then we met up with Nastia -we knocked into her family awhile ago and we thought we would have to drop her soon cause she wasn't progressing. But she said that she read in the book of Mormon at work and prayed to understand it better and that it worked and that she wants to be baptized! We were shocked of course but so happy so we will have to teach her everything and will hopefully be meeting with her as much as her work allows. She even said she knows that if she prays the Lord will help her.

I've really learned a lot about the importance of goals and planning this week. We've really taken a long look at how we plan our days and have really broken it down to every hour with goals and activities and it's amazing how much faster the day goes and how much easier it is to focus on the work rather than one big lump goal for the day. I know I know, duh! But I just figured this out. So yea, everything is going great with the work.

It was great to get all of your letters and pictures. It was fun to look down memory lane a little. Oh yea, and mom: of course I would love to watch the different football games! What else will I have to do when I'm home?! Haha, of course I don't know if I'll wanna watch the ones the ones we lost but we'll see 8) Steve- keep me updated with what's new etc, and how band is going etc.

Um ...Amanda and Devin -you are both putting up a very weak fight for most letters sent to me, the judges are not impressed 8) Write with any cool news! Carrie and Brett: Congratulations!!!! It was so great to see your pictures 8) Sara, I'm very proud to think that you are in Texas and going to honky tonks ....I can honestly say I've never been ....and I've lived there 10 years .....ahem!

I'm loving this work more and more and am so grateful to see the Lord's hand helping me become a better missionary. He has a lot to help me with 8) but I know it would be impossible without Him. It's crazy to think that Andrea is going home at Thanksgiving ....that's sooooo soon! I'm grateful that I will have a little longer out here, but seriously the time is flying and I'm not sure what to do about it except to not think about it and work. I love you all.

Cectpa Richards

P.S. No mom, I'm not too thin. I'm eating plenty and if anything I could stand to be a little thinner 8)

No comments: