Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I love mail!

This is a picture of Whitney and her companion Cepta Fourtina taken at a zone conference held on Monday August 11th. (Interesting food!)

Hello everyone!

Sorry to say this week prolly won't be as eventful but maybe that's a good thing seeing as the events last week weren't the most uplifting. So my companion left yesterday early (5:30 a.m.) for Prague and the temple visit in Germany (so jealous!) and won't be back til Friday at 3 a.m. I saw her off and was there for my package that was brought in right then. I was so happy! But...just one question....what was with the pink hat Steve???? I mean....it's cool and all but when in the world would I wear it?? It's not warm and it's not "missionary" but thanks for the thought-haha everyone was perplexed by it but elder Mendenhall tried it on and it looked alright so it was appreciated 8)

Um, yea, so I waited for a mini missionary that didn't come so I slept on the president's comfy couch in his office for an hour and then the office elders called Lena (a girl from Taganrog branch) to come be with me which was great because we know each other well and she always helped us missionaries on meetings so she has experience. Today we are prolly gonna get together with the sisters in the north zone and do something.

Yes of course I heard about the war that started in Georgia -always sad to hear about man's reasoning and ways of settling problems -and I mean that in a mankind sense and not a sexist sense 8) As you all know we are not receiving anymore missionaries from America which so far we haven't felt much impact from it but soon prolly will -every transfer when more and more come home but in October we are receiving two missionaries (one being a sister from Ukraine) so they are finding and trickling in for sure. I think it's actually great for the church in Russia because it's demanding more of the members to step it up on the missionary front and helping which is just what they need to gain strong testimonies and will lay a strong foundation for the church in the future here in raising great families etc. and really understand the doctrine and how to LIVE the gospel.
Anywho, thanks soooo much for all the great letters this week! I got emails from Eric and through mom -lots of great news. I'm so excited for Carrie and Brett!!!!!! congrats!!!!!! and happy birthday to Sara!!!!!! and hi to everyone else! (I have also received letters through dear elder from Sara, Amanda, Devin, Jacob, Russ, etc ) They're coming so keep em' coming -thanks so much! Sorry if I don't write much snail mail to you all but I don't have American stamps and no time too so it's hard but it really makes my day when I can hear how all my friends are doing and all is well with you!

There's been a lull in new investigators lately but that's prolly cause we're really trying to focus on the elect. I want those who are ready now and I'm tired of waisting time meeting with people and trying to convince them -if they're not ready, they will be later. I need those who have been prepared by the Lord so hopefully if we show our faith enough and determination he will choose to bless us. I love you all and thank you so much for all your support! I know I am who I am because of each of my friendships with you and the things I've learned from you all!

Cectpa Richards

3 comments:

Just a thought... said...

In Stephen's defense ...it was a pink, crocheted, sequined hat he got at a white elephant party but didn't know that I had sent to her. So technically it was from him! I thought it might be something fun she could give to one of the girls in her branch, or an investigator. Oh well!

Sara and Justin said...

haha, that's funny!!!

Richmond Stake Day of Service said...

Thanks for clarifying on the pink hat!