Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Rostov Central

Well hello all!

Things are going great here in Rostov central. Last week we found 6 new investigators which is more than I've found in one week ever...I think. Not all quality but there is a family in there that we are really excited about so please pray for us! Today was a good p-day for many reasons: we now have food 8) and a clean apartment 8) 8) and we saw Sisters King and Taylor at the office (they're in Rostov North so I get to see them every now and then) and I got some great mail from you guys! I got the very long letter from dearelder updating me on friends and family which was way fun to read.

Today we were in a park that sells all sorts of Russian dolls and magnets and things. I only got a few things but I figure it will be a must see for mom when you guys come. Hmm....what else....I love my comp! We really help motivate each other and she is such a great example to me! I actually prefer working with younger missionaries -think I learn more from them. Technically I am in the same branch as President but he's barely ever there- always touring the mission for zone conferences etc.

So Next Tuesday we leave on our next visa trip and get back the next day so I'm not sure how much we'll get to see of Prague but I will be VERY upset if we miss the temple (apparently two hours away in Germany). I miss it sooooo much and it would be a real spiritual boost. It's pretty warm here but the other week we had some rain for a couple of hours and because of how the streets are, they turned into rivers. have some cool pics I'll show ya some time, but yea...mostly hot here. I'm really loving the work here and am learning how to give more and more of myself which of course means I feel better and better about my efforts-funny how that works.

Steve: Thanks for the story I loved it so much (if you couldn't tell I'm using my sarcastic font)!
Mom: I didn't get your pictures of copper and the garden yet and if you could put 40-50 in my account I'd love you even more! I'm gonna try and find some more short-sleeve shirts and maybe a new skirt at secondhand.
Everyone else: Thank you so much for all of your love and support. I love hearing about how everyone is growing and the new things you are tackling. I was way excited to hear about the new mission call in the fam- congrats! You'll do great, and I hear Colorado is gorgeous. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one freezing in the winters 8). Well I better go but thanks again for everything.

I have a challenge to all who are reading this- yes....even you!....talk with your Branch Pres/Bishop and ask if there is any less active family/person you could contact and work with for him. Since being on the mission it's definitely something that I have realized: no point in doing the work if we can't RETAIN them!!! Pres. Hinckley said new members need a calling, friends, and...something else (an assignment/responsibility) I think but the FRIENDS part is where the members can help!! Invite them over for family night or something more social if you think they won't come to church. Show them you care and let them see how you live the gospel in your everyday lives and it will make a difference!

I love you,
Cectpa Richards

5 comments:

Just a thought... said...

We all know that Whitney enjoys a good "spider story" NOT! So I thought I would include the "spider story" that her brother Stephen sent to her this week:

"Cecpta Whit,
Hey, sorry for the radio silence.
Just thought I'd tell you a humerous anecdote: I was mowing the lawn at a guys house (service project) when I backed up into this big, old spider web. So I'm sitting there pulling spiderweb out of my hair for several minutes. I then returned to mowing only to look over and see a HUGE banana spider dangling from my arm, sliding up and down it's web.

Trying to keep my cool I start frantically trying to pull the web off of my arm as it slides higher and higher up its string. Finally I get it off and smash ...it and go back to mowing. It was pretty hilarious. I thought I might try and make you say eek with ma story."

Melanie said...

Hey Whit, this is Melanie from BYU. I got your blog from Nikki and was so glad to get it. We think of you often. Alot of the girls that worked for me last year are here at Helaman with Debbi and I. Just wanted you to know how proud we are of you. It sounds like you are having/doing a great job. Take care

Council Bluffs said...

Hey Whit!
Just letting you know that me and Emily Mott, the Bishop's daughter, are engaged! Woohooo!!!
-Kasey (Council Bluffs)

Sara and Justin said...

haha, i bet whit got chills just thinking about that spider story!!

Just a thought... said...

Let's just say ...she wasn't amused! Hey congrats to Kacey and Emily!!! When is the big day? Yet again -one more wedding that the Whit will miss. Boo hoo!