Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Another day another letter

Well, Hello everyone,

Hope all is well with you...things are going pretty well here. We're trying to get back up to speed from this last visa trip. Tallinn is still Tallinn-nothing special to write about, though we ate at TGIF Fridays which was a nice little taste of home and it was COLD. I dunno...I've been really tired ever since this trip though-I’m feeling a little more energetic every day but lately I have just wanted to sleep a whole lot more than usual, haha...I feel like a grandma (prolly because of my wardrobe, and level of energy, haha).

Well the weather has really become pretty here-all the trees are blooming-lots of pear and apricot trees so some streets are just full of white blossoms. I tried teaching my comp the”Popcorn Popping” song but I'm not sure it stuck 8) It makes for pleasant knocking in the chasnee domes though-I’ll polly need to start wearing sunscreen pretty soon since we're out in the sun every day-and our family's lovely history of skin cancer 8)

That's cool that you guys got a picture from zone conference-I have reason to believe that Cectpa G will move on to somewhere else and I will stay here so we will see what will happen. It really has been great working with her and it has definitely pushed and stretched me, I just hope she has gained a lasting love for the work that won't fluctuate depending on her companion's drive/motivation.

As far as my birthday...I mean mother's day, haha...um...I thought it (it being my birthday) was on a Monday this year, at least according to Russian calendars and mothers day is normally on Sunday yea? Maybe we have old calendars or....maybe because of the time difference? Or maybe I'm just confused-the latter being the most likely of the three, but yea it will be great to talk to you guys.

I didn't get an email from mom this time but I'm sure if there were some real exciting news (like where Chelsea will serve etc.) she would have written right? Well today we are going to play some soccer with the elders and the youth in our branch around one which should be really fun-it's been so long so I'm sure to be sore tomorrow 8)

Thanks so much for your constant prayers and support and even positive thoughts-it really does help and make a difference in a missionary's life. Wow Dad-sounds like you are definitely keeping busy and racking up the frequent flyer miles, and it was cool hearing from Eric. Where are my two other brothers hmmmmm? (I'm batting my eyes at you, you just can't see) Like Steve, how are finals looking, what plans are you gonna have in the summer and are you driving yet?! Mike, any funny anecdotes from the kids and/or pics, or how the job is going?Well I better go, still need to write President, love you all and keep me updated.

Love,Cectpa Richards

3 comments:

Just a thought... said...

Boy I feel like such a bad mother! I have been trying to be more efficient by writing to Whitney as soon as we get her letters on Wednesday, then saving them to draft in case something comes up during the week that I might want to add before sending them off.

Unfortunately this week I remembered writing and thought I'd sent it but NOOOO...it was still sitting in my draft folder in all of it's glory! So this week after writing I decided not to take any chances. After a quick spell check I hit ...send.

Chelsey be sure to leave a post when you get your call so I can send it to Whitney. Thanks!

Sara and Justin said...

Hey mama richards! I just sent whit a letter a couple of days ago, hopefully it doesn't take too long to get there!

In case Chelsea doesn't post in time, she did get her mission call -- she's going to........ NEW YORK ROCHESTER! She is going to serve in the Hill Camorah visitors sight! How exciting! She is going to be wonderful. Now I have TWO best friends to write!

I will send you an email so that you can read Justin and my blog. I have it on "invite only" so I don't have strangers reading it.

:)

Just a thought... said...

Chelsey CONGRATULATIONS! What a great mission, we are so excited for you. You will be a wonderful missionary. When do you report to the MTC? Sara thank you for letting us know that she received her call, AND for sharing your blog with me! I can't wait to see it.