Monday, August 6, 2007

First Letter Home

Well my first day has been amazing, a bit overwhelming but in a good way. We had orientation meeting where we learned 459 of us came in today from 18 countries. Tomorrow's our first real day so we'll see how Russian treats me. My companion is Sister (Cectpa) Kemelen and is from Provo - so cute & sweet! I can tell we're gonna have some fun. I'm in a room with three other girls (Cectpa King & Taylor) who are equally sweet. They're from Chicago & Kentucky. In our district it's me & Cectpa Kemelen & the rest are elders - prolly ...16 of us or so. Our district is our class that we learn Russian in so we'll really get to know each other. There's a girl here who's five weeks in that was in my freshman ward - small world.

My branch president is pres. Madsen & is wonderful, he said that in 2 weeks we'll all be given a topic to prepare & after sacrament 2 would be chosen to give their talks - in Russian! That's kinda scary but we'll see how that goes. :) Well I better go, but I love all of you & am grateful for your prayers.

Love
Cectpa Richards

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Just so you don't get confused... Whitney wrote this letter on August 1st but we didn't receive it until August 6th. In the future I will include the date in the main body of the blog.

Just a thought... said...

By the way in case you were wondering ...Whitney didn't really leave that last comment! Sheesh! She is a missionary after all and there are rules about that sort of thing!